Well Woman & Gynecology
Well-Woman Exams may include:
- Comprehensive health history review
- Preventive labs and screenings
- Counseling on healthy lifestyle maintenance & minimizing health risks
- Pap smear and HPV testing
- STI/STD testing
- Clinical breast exams
- Orders for any pelvic or breast ultrasounds or mammogram
- Orders for colonoscopy for colon cancer prevention
- Birth control options and prescription
- Safe sex practices
- Offer recommended vaccines
Gynecological Care for Every Woman
Besides routine Well Woman care such as pap smears and clinical breast exams, Hua Moon Women’s Health offers specialized services tailored to your age and stage in life. From first time exams for teens to pre-conceptual and family planning services to the whole pregnancy journey to perimenopausal & menopausal advice and care, we are here to support you each step of the way. Your body is uniquely yours. No two women are exactly alike. We celebrate your you-ness by listening, providing all possible options, sharing advice and experience, and respecting the decisions you make for your body.
Services may include:
- Health education and counseling
- Urinary and vaginal infection treatments
- Vulvar skin concerns and biopsies
- Intrauterine insemination
- Pregnancy testing and care before, during and after pregnancy
- Evaluation and treatment of common infections
- Sexuality and libido
- Screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (including partners)
- Breastfeeding and lactational services
- Birth control counseling and initiation
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to get a exam?
As long as you have health insurance that includes one annual wellness exam your exam is free! Depending on your coverage you may also be eligible to receive a mammogram, birth control prescriptions, thyroid screening, glucose testing for diabetes, and cholesterol testing, all free of charge as well.
What if I am not trying to get pregnant, don’t need
and STD/STI test and/or I am not concerned about birth control?
Your wellness exam is completely tailored to your needs and current health concerns. Your time with us is an opportunity to talk about whatever is currently going with your health and body and we’re here to listen and provide you with information, tools, and treatments to achieve your full and holistic well-being. It is a service covered by insurance that provides an opportunity to check in with your body and assess risk factors.
How is Hua Moon Women’s Health different from the hospital or my primary care provider?
Hua Moon Women’s health is a safe and welcoming environment, so you can feel comfortable and at ease. Your wellness exam is performed at a relaxed pace so that we have time to discuss your needs and concerns. We always provide information and treatment options ranging from western medicine to holistic natural medicine, so that you can make informed decisions about your health.